Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

One of Many...

We have been taking advantage of all the great weather this year. I have several things to enter into the diary and will try to make a few posts over the next couple of days.  I haven't posted since the first night of our vacation when I sat, late at night, in the library of the old colonial home we were staying in.  The Daly Inn , a nice B&B in Eureka,  made a great place to stay. Eureka is half way between Sacramento and Eugene. We didn't take the paddle boat to Oregon but it was fun and it is worth a mention here.

Trip to Oregon

We stayed at the Cornelius Daly Inn

Stopped for a walk around Patricks Point State Park. These parks near the boarder, on the coast, are childhood camping favorites.



Steelhead fishing within 5 minutes walking distance from our friends Bob and Monique's house in Harrisburg.
The Willamette River, OR


Some of the creeks and rivers I regularly fished when living in Oregon.
North Fork Santiam, Breitenbush, etc. I miss those waters...


Until Next Time,




2 comments:

  1. Hey Guys. Hope you're having a good time. Right after I move up here from Los Angeles, the wife (the one at that time) and I spent the night in Eureka. Now understand, I move from LA to get away from earthquakes and what did I get in Eureka? 4.0 at 0300. Haven't been back since. Looking forward to your next post. Beautiful country up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting some time in the outdoors is a beautiful thing, isn't it? Sounds like your having a great time and seeing some beautiful areas in Oregon. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete